Data Protection Statement
1. ControllerVienna Medical Chamber (Ärztekammer für Wien)
We are committed to protecting and securing your personal data. The Vienna Medical Doctors' Ball (Wiener Ärzteball) website always collects, processes and uses personal data in compliance with Austrian law and the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You, as user, consent to processing of your data as set out in this statement.
The current version of the GDPR is available at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32016R0679&from=EN.
Information about what data is collected during your visit to the website and how that data is used is provided below.
2. Personal data (data collected)When you visit our website we collect personal data required for technical purposes (the name of file accessed, date and time of access, volume of data transferred, notification of successful access, browser and version, the user’s operating system, referrer URL and requesting provider, IP address). We cannot associate this data with any specific person, and the data is not combined with data from other sources.
Via various forms on our website, we also collect personal data which is used only for the purpose of performing our contract with you. Without those data we cannot enter into the specific contract with you. Data is not transferred to third parties.
3. Erasure of dataYour data will be erased as soon as our contract with you has been performed in full and there is no further statutory obligation to store the data. Your data will therefore be erased after seven years; this is the retention period specified in section 132 of the Austrian Federal Tax Code (Bundesabgabenordnung, BAO).
Statutory/legal retention obligations or contractual obligations, e.g. warranty or compensation obligations towards customers or obligations towards contractual partners are grounds for continued storage of personal data. (Article 6(1)(c) GDPR – Lawful basis for processing: statutory/legal obligation)
If you contact us by email or using the form on our website, the data you provide will be stored with us for a period of six months, for the purpose of processing the request and for handling any subsequent questions. We will not pass on your data without your consent.
However, please note that if you disable cookies, the functionality of our website may be restricted.
5. NewsletterIf you subscribe to our newsletter separately, thereby giving us your consent (Article 6(1)(a) GDPR), we will process your name and your email address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. Your email address will then be stored until you unsubscribe from our newsletter or withdraw your consent. You can withdraw your consent or unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by sending an email to , clicking on the link that appears at the bottom of every edition of the newsletter, or informing us in another way.
6. Social pluginsThis website uses social media plugins provided by facebook.com and instagram.com. The plugins are identified by the relevant icon.
When you visit a page containing such an icon, your browser will automatically connect to the server of the social media service concerned. That social media service then receives various data and is informed which specific page the user is visiting. Please note that as website provider, we have no influence over data transferred to social media platforms. This data is transferred regardless of whether the user clicks on the plugin.
If the user is simultaneously logged into Facebook or Instagram, the plugin can establish a direct link with the user’s account. If the user enters a comment on the website or “likes” the website via the plugin, the plugin will send this information to Facebook and link it to the user’s account. If you do not want this to happen, you must log out of your social media account beforehand.
In addition to the information given here, the user should also note the privacy policies of Facebook and Instagram. Users can also install an add-on which blocks the social media plugin and prevents the transfer of data.
7. Facebook pixelOn the basis of our legitimate interest in the analysis, optimisation and commercial operation of our website, we use the “Facebook pixel” tool provided by the social network Facebook (Facebook Ireland Ltd, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland).
The Facebook pixel enables Facebook to target advertisements (“Facebook ads”) at visitors to our website. We therefore use the Facebook pixel to ensure that our Facebook ads are served only to Facebook users who have previously shown an interest in our website or who possess certain characteristics that we have communicated to Facebook (e.g. interest in particular topics or products, determined by reference to the websites they have visited). In addition, we use the Facebook pixel to ensure that our Facebook ads are of potential interest to our users and are not annoying.
8. Google AnalyticsWe use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC (“Google”), 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics places cookies on your computer in order to analyse how you use the site. We have entered into a data processing agreement for this purpose with Google.
You can prevent Google from recording data generated by the cookies about your use of the website and processing the anonymised data by downloading and installing the browser add-on available from https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. However, please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
9. Web shopIn order to simplify the purchase process and to enable subsequent performance of the contract by the web shop operator, the IP address of the internet subscriber and the name, address and email address of the purchaser are stored in cookies.
The data you provide is needed to perform the contract with you or to take steps prior to entering into a contract. Without those data we cannot enter into the contract with you. Data is not transferred to third parties, with the exception of credit card data, which is transferred to the bank/payment provider processing the payment to enable the purchase price to be debited, and the data we transfer to the transport/shipping company we commission to deliver the goods and to our accountant in order to fulfil our tax obligations.
If you abandon a shopping transaction before completion, the data we have stored will be deleted. If you enter into a contract with us, all data received in connection with that contract will be retained until the end of the statutory retention period for tax data (7 years).
Name, address, goods purchased and date of purchase will be retained beyond this time until expiry of the product liability limitation period (10 years). This data is processed on the basis of section 96(3) TKG and Article 6(1)(a) (consent) and/or Article 6(1)(b) (necessary for the performance of a contract) GDPR.
10. SSL encryptionThe website uses SSL encryption for security reasons and in order to protect confidential content, such as enquiries that you send to as website operator, during transmission. You can tell if your connection is encrypted because the “http://” in your address bar will change to “https://” and a padlock symbol will appear in the browser bar.
If SSL encryption is enabled, data that you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
11. ContactYou are entitled to: access to your personal data, rectification or erasure of that data, restriction of processing, data portability, and withdrawal of your consent to or objection to processing. You can contact us at at any time.
You may lodge a complaint with the Austrian Data Protection Authority if you believe that your personal data has not been processed in accordance with data protection laws or your claims based on such laws have been infringed upon in any way.